15 weeks down, 26 to go!


I have long held off on posting anything about this new phase in my life, being an expectant mom!  Adding yet a new label to my multi-tasking life.

Why have I held off?  Well, I don't know why, exactly.  But I'm learning so much, experiencing so much, that I felt it time to give my two cents on my own experience(s).

What do I cover summing up the past 15 weeks?  Well, I won't divulge too much info, but a few things I will share.  I feel at this point things have started to get interesting anyway.  Of course finding out was AMAZING news! And overwhelming, emotional, and so many "Oh my God, we're going to be parents" moments.  All of those emotions and sentiments have not changed, nor do I anticipate them to change.  In fact I anticipate my emotions to become more so, and hopefully I can get a handle on these new experiences.

The scale does not lie
The one thing that is really weighing on my mind, is my weight gain...no pun intended...but it's true!
Holy Cow have I put on some serious pounds! I'm not over indulging, but I do give into the occasional DQ M&M Blizzard, that cookie from Paradise Bakery that comes with the combos, and wherever I can sneak in a sweet treat.  After weighing in last week, I feel those sweets are not worth it, but is that where the weight gain is coming from?

What I know I need to do is step up my fitness regime.  I need to add more miles to my weekly walks.  I don't feel comfortable to walk near where I live-I do feel better running around here, but not walking, for whatever reason.  I've pondered "mall walking" with the Silver Sneakers! Also I need to find a prenatal yoga class, water aerobics, and other activities.

Since I had an issue early on in my pregnancy, I had to forgo running in my first 1/2 marathon, and I've been terrified to run ever since.  I was the fittest I've been in my life, and now I'm feeling funky with this weight gain.  I feel I look like I have eaten too many doughnuts.  Others say that is not so, but try to change the mind of a pregnant lady, she will always win and believe she is right, even if others try to convince her otherwise.

I will end this first post as a pregnant woman on the note of weight gain and fitness.  I feel the need to get up off the love seat and put on my shoes to go on a long brisk walk-4 times a week! Stay tuned to my updates, projects to be created, and other anecdotes!

No comments:

Post a Comment