{Recipes} Chai Pumpkin Spice Thumbprint Cookies

OK, so I finally took a stab at something I saw on Pinterest!  I'm addicted these days and have a lot of down time right now awaiting my overdue baby girl to finally arrive, so I'm on there pinning away my day looking for all kinds of "Pinspiration".  While I am drawn to all things pretty and wedding related, I cannot help myself but to be lured by beautiful sweets!

One of those images I stumbled upon was this pinned image:

Pumpkin Chai Cookies with Pumpkin Spice Kisses

I saw those gorgeous little gems and knew immediately I had to make them.  And then I stopped dead in my tracks before going to the site that shared the recipe.  What are those orange, or pumpkin rather, colored kisses?  Intrigued I went to the blog, and learned that Hershey's has these Pumpkin Spice Kisses, and they are sold at Target! Well, I found this recipe a month or so ago, so I figured these fall kisses had to be a year old at least, but I never ever heard of them before! 

I went to Target the other day, et voila, there they were!


I immediately purchased them, and as soon as I got into the car I ripped the bag open, like the desperate 10 month pregnant lady that I am, and popped one, then another into my mouth...YUM!! I do have to say I didn't need to eat the entire bag, they are pretty rich, and ooh so good.  Too many I know I'd get sick, but wow was I missing out on these treats!  

So, with the Pumpkin Spice Kisses in hand, I set out to make a batch of the Chai Pumpkin Spice Cookies.  I'm a huge lover of chai lattes from Starbucks, by the way.  In fact my order is "Iced Venti Soy Chai"-delish!  I did do skim milk for a while, but I found soy cuts the spices a bit, however it isn't calorie friendly so I make it a treat, rather than a daily indulgence.  

I happened to have Tazo Chai Concentrate, which is required for the recipe, so I got to work this morning.  Before I provide you with the link to the blog that houses this pretty recipe, I must mention I did not have "chai spice" on hand, as it suggests.  I don't know if it would make any difference.  Here is the end result of my batch of the delicious cookies, which I am biased in loving, but they are also "husband approved", which I was surprised!  Hubby cannot stand chai lattes and pumpkin isn't a fave flavor of his, but he sure liked these! Yay!


These are so simple to make, and are just fantastic!  I will surely make them again this fall, and for years to come.  Here is the link to the blog where the recipe can be found: Pass The Sushi

No comments:

Post a Comment