Baby Shower Planning

These months are flying by in my pregnancy! I cannot believe how fast time has flown since I found out I was expecting.  I know it'll go much faster when my little bundle is here, but I'm already staring at my 3rd trimester in the face-crazy!

Right now I'm in the planning process of the baby shower.  I'm really excited for it!  Normally most moms-to-be aren't included in the planning process, aside from being asked what they want at their shower, whom to invite, and whether or not there will be games. I, on the other hand, am way more involved in this planning process, because I love to plan parties, and hope to do this for a living down the road.  So why not start with my very own baby shower, right?

I have chosen a very sweet theme for my shower, and I am so over the moon excited for it! The theme will be "Cute As A Button"!!! I love this theme for a few reasons.  One reaon is that I love buttons! I go to antique shoppes and thrift stores in search of buttons, because they are cute, and I love turning them into unique home decor pieces, like a button bouquet.

Since buttons are cute, and my baby girl will be "cute as a button" the theme really works.  Once I decided my theme, I started designing the invitation, the first item which the guests will see and will set the theme nicely.  Of course I immediately looked to Pinterest, Craft Gawker and Google to get some ideas, and there are tons to peruse and inspire!

As the weeks boil down to the shower, I will unfold bit by bit what I'm creating to have as decor and favors.    What is on my agenda, you might ask?  Why white chocolate buttons, of course! I cannot wait for this project to begin! Other items will be button bouquet centerpieces, pennants, and a few other projects.

What I will share with you now is what my invitations will look like.  I'm really happy with this result:


I created this with the help of Photoshop, and a great scrapbook website called Two Peas in a Bucket.  They offer digital scrapbook files, amongst materials for scrapbooking, which is perfect if you're planning to design your own stationary or online scrapbook.  I've used Photoshop for many years for my photography projects, and this week I learned how to use it for "designing" purposes.  Two Peas in a Bucket has an online tutorial video to share how to create a baby shower invitation, and I used this as a guide to help me, which I so needed! If you're interested in this, click here for the link.  You have to know your way around Photoshop in order for you to pick up on it easily, and I benefited greatly from this.  

My invitations will actually be postcards, to save on money.  I use Zazzle.com to sell my photography, but also to mass create things like stationary.  I did this for our wedding "Save the Date" postcards, and it made an impact.  So people will receive the postcards, and hopefully stick them on their fridge as a reminder.  

I cannot wait to share with you how I am going to create the white chocolate buttons and other details! Until then, thanks for stopping by! 





No comments:

Post a Comment