Turn those old Christmas Cards into Gift Tags!


This summer, the major theme of my projects will be Christmas/Holiday themed.  There is a very excellent reason for this, although any excuse to be creative with Christmas in mind is a good a reason as any, in my world.  However, come the fall I will have a newborn baby to take care of, and less time to devote to crafting and creating for the holiday season.  At least I foresee this anyway.  So, I have decided to make a majority of my Christmas/Holiday projects now, while I can and am able to!


My first project to get started on are gift tags, made from recycled Christmas cards! I have a huge stash of Christmas cards from recent years, and I never knew what to do with them.  They are so gorgeous and full of holiday cheer, but really, they take up too much space and truthfully I don't look at them again, except to display in a card holder piece of decor, usually a sleigh or basket.



The other day I was at Michael's {if you haven't guessed it's my favorite store on Earth!}, and I saw some craft punchers, which I do not own.  I was looking for a circular slicer, when I spotted the gift tag puncher.  As soon as I saw it, I knew how to put that to use!  Luckily it is "National Scrapbook Month" at Michael's, and this particular punch was on sale 40% off, so I snatched it up, and left the store in a rush to get home.  I was a bit fearful that the cards might be too thick for the punch, however I was not let down.  I grabbed my Christmas cards and began  punching out adorable gift tags!


The result, as you can see above, was perfection! I'm so in love with this project, and I will continue to punch out all sorts of cards for all occasions, so that I might have tags on hand for any event that arises.  Of the cards I used, I made about 60 tags in total! Not bad for an hour's work, and I yielded more than what I will use this coming holiday season, but I'm all set now!  One last thing to worry with come December.

Do you have a solution for reusing/recycling/repurposing your old Christmas/Greeting cards?  Please share and link to your project!



No comments:

Post a Comment