April Showers


Today is a rainy Saturday in April.  I welcome the change after temps have already hit near 100 degrees in recent weeks.  Its just too early to be that hot, and I love how Mother Nature said, nope, let's cool them off one last time before I kick on the heat! 

Not much is planned for this rainy Saturday, except some blogging, spending time with my husband and puppy, and watching unique documentaries on Netflix.

We have decided to give Netflix ago, streaming via our blue ray player.  My husband is beyond tech savvy, and set up our blue ray to stream not only Netflix, but Pandora, Facebook (not sure the need for that) and other devices.  I love being able to browse through the many options on Netflix, though! 

The documentary I chose for this morning's cup of joe is "Babies".  Its a unique piece that is comical to me.  If you've seen it, you understand.  If you haven't, you might think, "a movie about babies? No thanks."  

What's unique, to me, is it highlights 4 families around the globe, and how babies are all the same, regardless of race, nationality and language.  Babies learn the same difficulties that they endure in their little minds all over and react the same way.  

To me it is comical, but it is natural, that a mother in Namibia, will thrust her bare breast at her baby like "here, eat this"! Or a mom in Mongolia will spray her baby's face with breast milk, as a means to clean the baby's face.  

What is beautiful is the enduring love between the mothers and the babies.  We are all the same, and adore babies the same way.

Truly a unique piece of art, and a great way to spend a quiet rainy Saturday morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment