{DIY} Pin Wheels


Pinwheels, how can you go wrong? These are one of the cutest and quickest decorations out there to make! I featured a few weddings, over on that other blog of mine (Savvy Deets Bridal), that had pinwheels all throughout the wedding-as boutonnieres, centerpieces, and bouquets! I thought, how charming! I don't know if I ever made pinwheels before, so I gave them a shot, and oh wow, am I addicted to them now. My daughter's 1st birthday is just months away now, and I'm already thinking a pinwheel themed birthday is in order!  

Pinwheels would be great for any event, such as bridal showers, weddings, baby showers, you name it.  It comes down to the selection of your papers and embellishments. 

Below is an example of how to assemble pinwheels.  I happen to have the most wonderful gadget for crafters, the Silhouette Cameo! If you do have this or have access to one, you know what I mean when I say it literally does everything your heart desires! If you don't have one, cutting out the pattern is really easy, and I've attached the image below.  

Supplies:
Craft Cutter/Scissors + Hole Punch
Decorative Brads (Hobby Lobby, Michaels, Jo-Ann's)

Step 1:
Cut out your pattern.  Make a small hole punch "near" the corner pieces, as shown in the example. 

Step 2 (3 & 4):
Lay your paper right side down, and fold the corners to match up with the center hole.  


Step 5
Insert a brad in the center, making sure to pick up every corner piece hole, then secure at the back.

Step 6:
Et voila! You are finished with your pinwheel!

Now it is a matter of what to do with the pinwheels.  Make them in different sizes, and glue them to lollipop sticks or skinny dowels.  Arrange them in a mason jar for fun centerpieces, like in the example below. 


As much as pinwheels can be charming, they can also add an elegant splash of whimsy to any event by selecting the right color and patterned paper, and adding special embellishments, as seen below. 


I loooove these decorative brads! They have them in all sorts of varieties, making it extra easy to add something snazzy to paper crafts. 

I hope you enjoyed this little DIY and that it inspired you to get creative for your upcoming events! 

1 comment:

  1. These are soo cute! I love them!

    Lorraine x
    http://lollikelly.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete