{DIY} Rolled Paper Flowers


I decided to do a little DIY project a few weeks ago, and am so excited to finally share!  I am loving the look of rolled paper flowers!  They make for perfect bridal bouquets at weddings, or simply displayed in a little vase for the home-great for gift giving, by the way

I was inspired to do this DIY from a post I saw from Jones Design Company.  The tutorial is really well done, and is a must read if you want to do this project yourself.  

Before you go check out the tutorial, I chose sheet music scrapbook paper to make my little bunch of paper flowers.  I'm a former musician {oboist}, what can I say, I have a soft spot for music staffs!  Anyway, I chose a variety of styles, from vintage looking paper-tea stained, to the classic-black and white.  Any type of paper would do justice, from newspapers, magazines, damask print scrapbook paper, the decision is yours, be creative and have fun!

Also, in the tutorial they suggest using hot glue.  Instead I used Amazing Goop-this stuff is genius! I don't like scorching my finger tips with searing hot glue, so I prefer the simpler method, and less equipment.  I glued the buds to brownie pop type sticks, which made for a sturdy bunch to help gather for a nice little bouquet.  The sticks, being paper, adhered rather quickly to the glue on the base of the paper bud.  

OK, here is the tutorial: Jones Design Company: Rolled Paper Flowers Tutorial.  If you decide to do this, please leave me a link to your creation-I'd love to see what you create! 

Enjoy this adorable & easy DIY! 


No comments:

Post a Comment